Pre-semester Service Trip?
The pre-semester service trip is not required but is a great way to meet other Community Engagement Scholars. Incoming first-year students are strongly encouraged to participate.
- You will receive an email in mid-July with registration information for the trip and early move-in information.
- You will receive an email in first week of August with Habitat for Humanity registration information, trip details, and a packing list
- Thursday night: Move in
- Friday morning: Meet the bus
- Saturday afternoon: Return to campus for the start of 1743 Days
- There is no cost to the Scholar. CEI also covers the early move in fee.
Must I take a specific section of UAPP110?
Community Engagement Scholars may take any section of UAPP110 offered at the University of Delaware.
How do I use the Community Engagement Scholars CANVAS (CESCS) course?
The CANVAS CESCS course serves as the submission portal for course materials and reflections. It also holds forms needed for tracking service hours, requesting approval for an off-campus service immersion experience, etc. It should be updated regularly (at least once a semester)--the materials will be used to create your eportfolio.
What resources are in CANVAS?
- Requirements worksheet
- Volunteer request form
- Spreadsheet for tracking service hours
- Videos (coming January 2020)
How do I find out about service opportunities and programming?
Make sure to sign up for the Community Engagement Scholars weekly online newsletter.
How do I track service hours?
Scholars should use the EXCEL spreadsheet in the CANVAS site.
What counts as service hours?
Service hours should be a mixture of activities, including everything from a one-time volunteer project to hours from your immersion experience. Projects done through UD academic or student life programs do not need prior approval. Volunteer activities that you pursue on your own may require prior permission from CEI. A request form can be found on the CANVAS site.
When do I schedule advising appointments?
Scholars should meet with CEI staff once each semester.
Where can I find more information on the eportfolio?
View the webinar and supporting materials on the CE Scholars website.
How do I find a course with a community engagement component?
NOTE: This is a work in progress. Please check with CEI staff.